Jacksonville Lawyer Network Articles and Blogs
- St. Augustine Fight Results in Battery Charges
Approximately two weeks ago, I wrote an article about a fight that broke out between patrons and security at the Conch House in St. Augustine. The article was entitled St. Augustine Battery Charges After Conch House Brawl and can be found on the Jacksonville criminal defense lawyers website. The ...more
- Legality of Medical Marijuana in Florida
Is medical marijuana legal in Florida? While many Jacksonville criminal attorneys state that it is not, one law firm has allegedly advised clients that it is. As stands, Florida Statute Section 893.13 makes it a misdemeanor to possess less than 20 grams of marijuana in Florida. If you possess 20 ...more
- If you are charged with a felony crime in Florida, you have a few options. Your Jacksonville criminal defense lawyer should go through all of these options with you based on the facts or your case, the evidence, and the law. In the beginning of your case, the Duval County State Attorney may make an ...more
- Curtis Lee is a former lawyer residing in Jacksonville. With experience in pension funds, Lee "asked the State Attorney’s Office to investigate the Police and Fire Pension Fund, especially former city councilman Karl 'Jay' Jabour and businessman Peter Sleiman" in March 2010. Approximately two years later, Lee filed a lawsuit in Jacksonville against the Duval ...more
- Florida’s self defense laws have been in the national spotlight since the death of Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman shot and killed Martin on February 26, 2012. Zimmerman was not arrested for murder until April 11, 2012. A jury acquitted him on July 13, 2013. Although the Zimmerman/Martin case has closed, the debate over Florida’s self ...more
- I think that I can safely say that every Jacksonville criminal attorney has heard of the Marissa Alexander case. This case is not just well known among Jacksonville criminal lawyers. It is popular throughout the nation, and it may change the law that governs self-defense cases in Florida. A couple of days ago, I wrote ...more
- When George Zimmerman was acquitted of Florida murder charges after the shooting of Trayvon Martin, this led to public outcry. The Florida Stand Your Ground Law was under public scrutiny. The Tampa Bay Times reported:
“The acquittal of George Zimmerman brought protests and boycotts and sit-ins, but no change. Criticism erupted again last week when a ...more
- Jacksonville Police Officer Arrested for DUI in St. Johns County FL
Posted on April 22, 2013 by Cynthia Veintemillas, Attorney at Law
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Asst. Chief, Larry Jones
A member of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office was arrested over the weekend for driving under the influence in Florida. Larry Jones is an “assistant chief with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.” He was stopped “early Saturday ...more
- State Representative Seth McKeel (R- Lakeland), Chair of the House Appropriations Committee, released the following statement regarding the House’s proposed budget:
“In recent years, the Florida Legislature made responsible choices in tough economic times to balance the state budget and provide a fiscally sustainable future, without putting the burden off on our taxpayers through increased taxes. ...more
- Call Cynthia For Legal Help
From Jacksonville, Florida Attorney
Cynthia Veintemillas of 20 Miles Law, PLLC
Posted on November 14, 2012 by Cynthia, 20 Miles Law
The world has been watching the sex scandal unfold between United States General Petraeus and Paula Broadwell. Who would have known that Florida would become involved in this mess? Recently, the media has been focusing ...more
// Corporate Law Attorneys | Corporate Lawyer, Laws and lawyer/ attorney post.
// Environmental Law Attorneys | Environmental Lawyer, Laws and lawyer/ attorney post.
// Entertainment Law Attorneys | Entertainment and Copyright Lawyer, Laws and lawyer/ attorney post.
// Creditor Rights Law Attorneys | Creditor Rights Lawyer, Laws and lawyer/ attorney post.
- Jacksonville Lawyer Help is a Jacksonville, Florida directory and resource for legal needs and news. The website design and SEO marketing is from James Hilliard who operates JaxBeachWebsites.com. James can help businesses with internet and web based solutions that are affordable and extremely effective. Every budget varies and the cost of your website depends on many ...more
[weaver_feed] invalid values provided.
[weaver_feed] invalid values provided.